What is Redwork? Quite simply, redwork is a type of outline in one color (not necessarily red) that is sewn out on white or light colored fabric. The stitch is thicker and longer than a single running stitch. This type of stitch was developed around the late 1700's as an alternative to the fussy embroidery of the times. The stitch became very popular during the Victorian era among the common middle class. Later on, Penny Squares, (stamped designs on muslin) were available and these were used in quilting. I offer my redwork designs in blue, orange, pink, gold, red. The sets are named this way because that is the thread color I liked best while digitizing them but you can change the color to suit your project. Just click on each color link below to view all the offerings in that color.
NOTE: Digital Download Only
- You are purchasing machine embroidery designs. These are not hand embroidery or SVG.
- Once your order is complete you will return to a download page.
- You will also receive a backup email with download links.
- Please check your email spam and trash folders.
- You must download the file to your computer, unzip the file and have a way to transfer the design/s to your embroidery machine.
- All design formats and sizes are included in a single zip file.
- Duplicated a design? This cart does not alert for duplicate orders or past purchases.
- However, a store credit, substitution or refund will be made at the sellers discretion with seven days of purchase.
- This does not include duplicates if purchasing a special bundle offer.
- Orders made BEFORE 10/20/2017 are unavailable due to a database crash.
- Please backup your orders.
- If you need help please contact me.
I cannot offer help regarding your embroidery machine, software, or computer related issues. Please direct those questions to the manufacturer.
All rights reserved Julia's Needle Designs.©